Froedtert & MCW health network now accepting donations of PPE and health care supplies for staff, paMarch 25, 2020
West Bend, WI – March 25, 2020 – Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin health network is now accepting donations of personal protective equipment and health care supplies for staff, patients and visitors across the Froedtert & MCW health network.
Health care supplies being requested by the health network include:
· Masks – As the CDC has revised its acceptable mask guidelines for the prevention of infection, we are accepting both N95 respirator and ear loop surgical masks. These masks can also be sometimes used in the construction industry. We will gladly accept any new and unused masks from construction sites.
· Eye Protection – Similarly, any clean eye protection is also being accepted. This includes goggles and safety glasses from other industries that may have slowed due to social distancing.
· Hand Sanitizer – Please note that, per CDC guidelines, we can only accept sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
· Hand Sewn Masks – We will accept hand sewn masks that follow the instructions we provided thanks to our friends at Mount Mary University.
· Other – if you know of a manufacturer looking to support health care providers, or you’d like us to consider other donations, please email email@example.com.
Drop offs will be accepted by Froedtert & MCW health network volunteers at two locations, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m.- 4 p.m. beginning Wednesday, March 25.
· Menomonee Falls location
Integrated Service Center
N86 W12999 Nightingale Way
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
· Wauwatosa location
1000 W. Bluemound Rd.
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
To protect our patients, staff and the donors, no donations can be accepted at any of the Froedtert & MCW hospitals or health centers.
Thank you for supporting efforts in local communities to slow the spread of the COVID-19.Contact:Tim Olsen, Public Relations Manager262-836-5472