We are looking for an efficient, courteous cashier who processes excellent customer service skills. The cashier will scan the customer’s selections, ensure that prices and quantities are accurate, accept payments, issue receipts, answer inquiries, and provide helpful information to customers on products, promotions, or item location. You will also respond to complaints, process refunds or exchanges of items, and maintain a clean workspace.
The right candidate should have a strong work ethic and high level of accuracy. Be responsible, attentive to customer needs and committed to providing excellent service. We are open to training the right candidate.
- Welcoming customers, answering their questions, helping them locate items, and providing advice or recommendations.
- Operating scanners, scales, cash registers, and other electronics.
- Balancing the cash register and generating reports for daily sales.
- Accepting payments, ensuring all prices and quantities are accurate and providing a receipt to customers.
- Processing refunds and exchanges, resolving complaints.
- Bagging or wrapping purchase to ensure safe transport.
- Follow all store procedures regarding coupons, gift cards, or the purchase of specific items, such as alcohol.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 0-1 years of customer service or cashier experience.
- Ability to handle transactions accurately and responsibly.
- High level of energy with strong customer service skills.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Ability to stand, walk, lift heavy items and work with other team members in a fast-paced environment to provide excellent service.
- Attention to detail.
- Helpful, courteous approach to resolving complaints.
- Readily adjusts schedule, tasks, and priorities when necessary to meet business needs.