Actively Hiring – Immediate Opening
Hours: Steady, Full-Time position with paid overtime.
Benefits: Competitive pay & benefits (health, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k with match)…and more!
“Come join our Growing, Fast-Paced, Customer-Focused Company that fosters long term Careers and Professional Training & Development!”
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
“Quality & Safety are Top Comar Priorities”
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on Production, HVAC, and facility equipment, motors, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, conveyor and packaging systems, and production machines by following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications.
- Troubleshoot malfunctions and locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments; uses OEM manuals diagrams and prints. May use computerized diagnostic systems, vibration analysis and Infrared techniques to help figure out the source of problems.
- Remove defective parts by dismantling devices using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools.
- Determine changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Control downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques and monitoring compliance.
- Fabricate repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment like drill press, lathes, grinders and various hand tools.
- Perform machining work doing welding, drilling, grinding and using other machining tools,
- Install or remove machines and equipment.
- Maintain equipment, parts, and supply inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Maximize maintenance efficiencies by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provide mechanical maintenance expertise to drive continuous improvement projects.
- Prepare mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends utilized in continuous improvement projects.
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, within the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Install or repair machinery and equipment.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Attend daily shift meetings to prioritize work orders and minimize downtime.
- Safely operate forklifts, cranes, power tools, hoists and hand tools.
- Lead and participates in Continuous improvement projects.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Lead and mentor maintenance technicians.
Safety and Cleanliness
“We have put in place Covid-19 practices for our employees’ safety”
- Abide by and execute all safety protocols. Report any unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Wear company issued personal protective equipment (PPE) such as gloves, masks, hairnets, safety glasses, earplugs.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
“A Comar employee who will represent the customer and be the consumer’s advocate”
Do You Have…?
- High school diploma or equivalent with 1-2 years related experience or training.
- Forklift Certification.
- Computer user skills – proficient in basic computer use – able to quickly learn and efficiently use new systems.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills- ability to work well with all levels in the organization.
- Reliable and dependable attendance.
- Flexibility with work schedule and willingness to work overtime when needed.
- Technical certification in maintenance or working towards mechanic, electrical, or other equipment related discipline preferred.
- Knowledge and or previous experience in blow molding, injection molding or extrusion molding.
- Experience with processing or troubleshooting of plastics manufacturing equipment.
- Some knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, and electronics.
- Safely operate and use standard shop equipment.
- Understand the concept of continuous improvement, six sigma or lean manufacturing.
- Adapt to changing situations, manage priorities and crises situations.
- Work independently and in a team environment and take direction from others.
- Develop and train others.
- Read blueprints and operational procedures.
Do You have the Physical Stamina to…?
- Stand for most of the work shift.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, twist, and only occasionally sit.
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally more with assistance of equipment.
- Use close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. Exposure to shop floor elements such as noise, dust, fumes, odors, and grime of machinery. The temperature is typically warm to hot.