Maintains and repairs physical structures of buildings and maintains grounds by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Cleans internal areas of buildings such as storage/boiler rooms, parking lots, public areas, banquet rooms and guest rooms including but not limited to: buffing, dusting, sweeping, mopping, washing windows, empties trash cans and consolidates trash for weekly pickup.
- Maintains and repairs buildings' plumbing and electrical systems, including but not limited to: replacing worn or defective parts such as switches, fuses, faucets and valves.
- Replaces worn or damaged parts such as hoses, wiring, and belts in machines and equipment such as vehicles, vacuum cleaners, and riding mower.
- Monitors swimming pools and makes adjustments so there is proper sanitation and chemical usage.
- Cuts grass and trims weeds, constructs decorative flower garden borders, digs flower beds and plants flowers on property.
- Repairs parking lot and sidewalks with asphalt, cold patching materials, and concrete.
- Operates snow removal equipment to maintain parking lots and sidewalks to keep them clean and clear of obstacles.
- Repairs, paints, or replaces building interior walls, trim, wood, brick, stone, and concrete.
- Assists other departments with moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies.
- Greets guests in a warm, friendly manner and corrects any maintenance concerns quickly and efficiently to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Works closely with other departments to ensure prompt response to guest requests for services and repairs.
- Assists in the security of the property including vehicles, tools, furniture, supplies, key cards and guests.
- Uses all materials, chemicals and tools safely to avoid waste, unnecessary damage or accidents.
- Participates in property safety and preventative maintenance programs to ensure a safe, hazard free working environment.
- Assist with setting up, tearing down and cleaning banquet and meeting rooms as assigned.
- Runs errands and drives as necessary to meet business needs
KHC POLICIES: Responsible for following all KHC policies and procedures as set forth in the KHC handbook and property specific guidelines/standards. These policies include dress code, safety and performance standards. Employees must also maintain a professional image and report to work as scheduled.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three
months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.