Cleans rooms and halls in hotels by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Cleans guestrooms, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, and stairways.
- Sorts, counts, fold, marks, or carries linens.
- Cleans hotel according to franchise standards and within required timeframes to include but not limited to: stripping and making beds; dusting furniture; washing walls, ceiling, and woodwork; vacuuming, scrubbing, waxing, and polishing floor; washing windows, door panels, and sills; emptying wastebaskets, and emptying and cleaning ashtrays; cleaning and vacuuming rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies; and cleaning bathroom sink, toilet and tubs/showers stalls.
- Replenishes supplies such as bathroom necessities, drinking glasses and writing supplies.
- Moves furniture, hangs drapes, and rolls carpets to ensure compliance with franchise requirements.
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Replaces light bulbs.
- Stocks, organizes, and maintains housekeeping carts and equipment.
- Greets guests in warm, friendly manner.
- Ensures key control and security policies to maintain the guest’s privacy and security of personal belongings when working in guestrooms.
- Use all materials, chemicals and tools safely to avoid injury, waste, unnecessary damage or accidents.
- Communicate with maintenance department regarding room needs.
KHC POLICIES: Responsible for following all KHC policies and procedures as set forth in the KHC handbook and property specific guidelines/standards. These policies include dress code, safety and performance standards. Employees must also maintain a professional image and report to work as scheduled.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: No specific knowledge, education or training required to accomplish the essential functions of this job