Provides customer service to guests of hotel by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greets, registers, suggestively sells rooms, issues room keys, assigns rooms to guests and sets wake up calls in a efficient, warm and friendly manner.
- Ensures guest safety by following established security procedures including fire/tornado procedures, key security and guest privacy.
- Date stamps, sorts, and racks incoming mail, faxes and messages.
- Records and communicates guest special requests and problems to appropriate department and ensures they are addressed in a timely and acceptable manner.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services; registration of guests; and local attractions and provides travel directions.
- Accurately checks out guests and communicates departures with housekeeping staff.
- Accurately computes bill, collects payment, makes change for guests and makes deposits according to KHC cash handling procedures.
- Makes, confirms and cancels reservations via telephone, computer and in writing.
- Answers and routes internal and external phone calls in an articulate, friendly manner using prescribed procedures.
- Posts charges such as room, food, liquor, or telephone, to ledger.
- Deposits guests' valuables in hotel safe or safe deposit box.
- Maintains the shift-to-shift log accurately to ensure proper communication between shifts is maintained.
- Maintains the cleanliness and organization of the hotel lobby and front desk area.
KHC POLICIES: Responsible for following all KHC policies and procedures as set forth in the KHC handbook, KHC Front Desk Procedure Manual and property specific guidelines/standards. These policies include dress code, safety, and performance standards. Employees must also maintain a professional image and report to work as scheduled.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.